Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cappuccinos and Lattes

I have an espresso maker. It is a very inexpensive model, but it suits my needs nicely. Or rather, it did. It isn't working at the moment. It steams milk beautifully, yet I can't get it make an espresso. I'm thinking that it needs a good internal cleaning to get rid of all the calcium build up. However, this cheap model doesn't have a way to get inside it to clean, and I'm not sure how running vinegar through it will work.

So, I'm off to experiment. First to see if a bit of vinegar solves my problem, and second if that doesn't work then try and disassemble the maker. It already doesn't work so it isn't like I am going to wreck something. LOL

1 comment:

  1. It lives again! I added some Lime Away to water in the reservoir and ran it through. After a few tanks of clear water to rinse the system, it works as well as it did brand new. The bottle of Lime Away cautions against using in systems where water is stored.

    ReplyDelete